...One teaches us how to make a living, the other teaches us how to live." - John Adams
Our core values
God has ordained three basic institutions - the home, the church, and the state (civil authority). In His plan, parents have the primary responsibility for child training, and the church has an important supportive role. A state that is humanistic cannot provide satisfactory child training because it leaves out Jesus Christ, the only key to all learning and wisdom as the Scripture indicate: "For from the Lord, and through Him, and to Him, are all things. To Him be glory forever." (Romans 11:36) "The fear of Lord is the beginning of wisdom." (Ps. 111:10) Proverbs 19:27 (Living Bible) issues a strong warning in this regard: "Stop listening to teaching that contradicts what you know is right." From the first day of a child's life, his parents are to direct him to Jesus Christ and train him to be humble and obedient. Ephesians 6:4 says, "Fathers (parents), do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord."
We believe the school is to be an extension of the home with authority delegated to it from the parents. This makes it extremely important that the parents understand and are in agreement with what is taught at PCS. Only in a Christian school, such as PCS, can there be unity of purpose between home and school with both submitting to the spiritual authority God has established through Jesus Christ and His church.
- We believe in the precious freedom of parents being able to be involved in the education of their children.
- We believe it is vital that PCS provide a biblical worldview education combined with moral and social instruction that will develop the minds and hearts of its students.
- We believe PCS shall be a protector by its teaching of the Judeo-Christian faith, of a heritage passed down to us from the great intellectual and spiritual minds of our Western culture. We are thankful to God for allowing us to be partakers of a heritage in America of self-government under law.
- We believe PCS must facilitate its students in learning to love the Lord God with all their hearts, minds, and strength.
- We believe building a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is the very cornerstone of any student's life at PCS.
- We believe PCS must be a school that will help build leaders of young people who will choose to stand boldly for Jesus Christ and for the Judeo-Christian culture in the United States.
- We believe our mission is best accomplished by teaching our students how to be life long learners for themselves within the biblical worldview.
- We believe that our mission can best be reached with likeminded people who will further PCS's religious purpose and beliefs.
With this philosophy in mind we advocate the following core values:
- Primary responsibility for guiding students lies with the parents. (Deut. 6:4-9) The faculty and staff a PCS will be partners with the parents.
- The nurture (instruction, training, and discipline) of our students in the Lord's ways shall always dominate our teaching. (Ephesians 6:4)
- By example and teaching, the faculty and staff shall love the Lord God with all their hearts, with all their minds, and with all their strength, and love the students and parents of PCS as themselves.
- The Bible shall be our most important textbook.
- Students will learn how to process information and to think critically in the context of a biblical worldview.
- We will not establish our curriculum to suit the student; rather we guide the student so that he conforms to, and masters, the curriculum.
- Character development of all students, based on the Word of God is essential.
- The faculty and staff will be committed to guiding the child spiritually, academically, socially and physically. The teacher is a "living textbook."
- We will rest in the sole counsel of God in our relationships with one another. (Ps. 32:8; 73:24; Is. 9:6; 11:2; 28:29; Jer. 32:19)
- The importance of a biblical worldview education and the importance of our core values shall be communicated to all parents through every program PCS undertakes.
Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen. 1:26-27) Rejection of one’s biological sex given to him or her at birth by God is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
We believe that the term “marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen. 2:18-25) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt. 15:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:9-10)
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of PCS as a Christian school seeking to follow Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to PCS’s students, staff, families, and community, it is imperative that all persons working for PCS in any capacity, who serve as volunteers, or seek enrollment into PCS agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. (Matt. 5:16; Phil. 2:14-16; 1 Thess. 5:22)
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom. 10:9-10; 1 Cor. 6:9-11)
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the beliefs or teachings of PCS.